NWRH is a registered provider of services under the My Aged Care Home Care Package Program.
If you want to stay in your own home as you get older, but need some help with things like cleaning and preparing meals or with transport so you can go shopping or attend appointments a Home Care Package may help you.
What is a Home Care package?
A Home Care Package provides a coordinated package of services tailored to meet your specific care needs to:
- Help you stay in your own home as you get older
- Give you choice and flexibility in the way your care and services are provided to you at home
What types of services are provided under the package?
The types of services you may receive will depend on your needs. We will work in partnership with you to identify your goals and needs.
The services that can be provided in a Home Care Package include, but are not limited to:
- Support services – such as help with washing and ironing, house cleaning, gardening, basic home maintenance, home modifications related to your care needs, and transport to help you with shopping, visit your doctor or attend social activities
- Personal care – such as help with showering or bathing, dressing and mobility
- Allied health and other clinical services – hearing services and vision services
- Care coordination and case management – linking your services together
How can I access the services under the program?
All service referrals must be processed through My Aged Care by phoning 1800 200 422 or registering at www.myagedcare.gov.au.
From there, the My Aged Care contact will register you and assess you for eligibility. If your care needs indicate you might need a Home Care Package, you will be referred to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) to complete an assessment.
After the assessment an ACAT can approve you as eligible for either a low-level care (Level 1 or 2 package) or a high-level care (Level 3 or 4 package).
The ACAT will write to you to let you know the outcome of your assessment, the level of care you are eligible for and approved to receive, as well as an overview of that care. From here the next 4 steps you will be guided through include:
- Find a Home Care Package provider
- Work out the costs
- Accept a Home Care Package
- Begin your services
NWRH Service Fee and Client Contribution Schedules are available to all clients, or potential clients looking to access our services. Split into programs to assist with readability download your copy of the Home Care Packages schedule from the My Aged Care website under, find a provider.